The Fath Group is one of Edmonton’s largest family owned and operated road building contractors, with over 300 employees helping provide products and services throughout Edmonton and area. For over 60 years we have been delivering on large public and private sector projects.
We take pride in our services and our employees. We place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day. Safety is the core of our business and we support a safety culture, where we set high standards for our staff and the public. Our staff and the people in our community are paramount! We dedicate the FC Edmonton soccer team to our community and support several other charitable initiatives.
O’Hanlon Paving is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and safety conscious Materials Truck Driver to work seasonally in a full-time capacity, in various locations throughout Edmonton. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient & safe delivery or pick up of Materials required for various road building processes. You will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by receiving & fulfilling all materials ordered according to job/project demands. You will also be working closely with the Materials Trucking Foreman to ensure the delivery of product is achieved in the most efficient & professional manner.
- Communicate with various Foreman, Superintendents and Materials Coordinator
- Overseeing the loading process of various Materials through in house and outside suppliers; e.g. cement, asphalt, gravel, oil
- Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management goals and objectives
- Directly reports to & follows direction from the Materials Trucking Foreman to ensure utilization of fleet efficiently and satisfying our in house customer needs
- Must be able to perform necessary pre/post trip inspections on vehicles
- Works with company to ensure safety compliance is adhered to at all times in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety and National Safety Council
- Understands & follows 100% compliance with company, federal and provincial safety policies and regulations
- Attend and contribute to weekly safety meetings
- Seasonal work; Long hours; 6-7 days/week at peak season (Weekends as well)
- Minimum 5 year of experience driving commercial trucks
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with hauling asphalt or gravel
- Minimum High School education or equivalent.
- Some experience in hauling spreading cement powder and asphalt into a paver would an asset
- Pre-Trip & Fatigue Management Experience training
- Must possess a valid class 3 driver’s license (with air endorsement) with a clean drivers abstract
- Through knowledge of the municipal road building industry
- Ability to work continuously for prolonged periods of time under pressure
- High attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Familiarity & Experience with city driving and surrounding areas
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Must be able to pass a physical examination
- Valid safety certifications
- This contract season is expected to run for 4-6 months
- The position is eligible for paid overtime
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle to commute to the Acheson site
- Some travel outside of Edmonton may be required
- The anticipated start date is on or about May 1, 2017
- Training will be provided for various activities
- We offer excellent wages and benefit eligibility
How to Apply:
- Please apply with your current and updated resume
- Please apply online on our website, OR
- Send your resumes and quote the job title OR job # to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to know more about us!