The Fath Group is one of Edmonton’s largest family owned and operated road building contractors, with over 300 employees helping provide products and services throughout Edmonton and area. For over 60 years we have been delivering on large public and private sector projects.
We take pride in our services and our employees. We place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day. Safety is the core of our business and we support a safety culture, where we set high standards for our staff and the public. Our staff and the people in our community are paramount! We dedicate the FC Edmonton soccer team to our community and support several other charitable initiatives.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist. This position will be based in our office located in west end of Edmonton. Reporting to the Controller, the successful incumbent will:
- Actively participate in collection efforts and help to ensure reasonable days outstanding
- Monitor CODs orders to ensure a proper payment collection prior to shipping
- Participate in monitoring and evaluating of credit
- Liaise with customers regarding invoice/statement discrepancies
- Liaise with internal customers such as project managers
- Identify and initiate process improvements and assist with their implementation
- Process and monitor customer payments by recording cash, cheques, and credit card transactions
- Process and verify invoices, debit and credit memos
- Verify the accuracy of G/L coding for manual invoices, debit and credit memos
- Resolve all deductions and process adjusting entries
- Monitor outstanding invoices and discrepancies, assist with root cause analysis and with finding solutions
- Assist with progress billings
- Assist with month end and year end activities related to AR
- Make bank deposits as required
- Assist with various projects as required
- Completion of a 2 year diploma in Accounting from a recognized post-secondary institution will be required. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce will be an asset;
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in accounts receivables, including minimum 2 years of experience in performing full scope of accounting functions;
- Previous experience with project invoicing process is highly desirable;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and equivalent construction software such as Jonas Enterprise, ACCPAC and Sage 300;
- Knowledge and experience in the construction industry will be an asset;
- Ability to take initiative, think logically and complete detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to be flexible to changing priorities;
- Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license or above, with access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently with little supervision.
- Strong inclination towards process improvement and innovation
Why work for Fath?
- You’ll work in an environment where you will be encouraged to be creative and share your best practices;
- Great team and amazing work culture;
- Competitive wages; and
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits
How to Apply:
- Please apply with your current and updated resume
- Please apply online on our website, OR
- Send your resumes and quote the job title OR job # to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to know more about us!